Sunday, March 9, 2008

Those Darn Primary Lessons!!!

So today we had our fast Sunday because we had Stake Conference last weekend. When we got home from church today I quickly got the kids lunch and sat them up to the table to eat. Donald came into the kitchen a few minutes later and let me know that he was going to end his fast soon (poor man last about 8 lbs when he was sick,,, and those of you who know him, he does not even have 1 pound that he could afford to loose). Once Donald had said this, Trent looked at him and said (in a very "I know what I am talking about" type of tone) "DADDDDDD, it is fast Sunday!" to which Donalds reply was that he had fasted for one meal and that with him being sick not too long ago, he can not go without food, that it would not be good for his body. Trent's reply was "You are suppose to fast for 2 meals, not one." Donald just kept doing what he was doing and Trent continued "mom, you're not sick right? so you can fast 2 meals!" I was left speechless. what am I suppose to say to my young man? So I of course replied that I was still fasting.

But truth be told, I was planning on breaking my fast as soon as the kids went downstairs to play. I was completely busted! I waas called to repentance by my SEVEN YEAR OLD!!! Heavenly Father sure works in humorous ways, doesn't he.

Oh, and for the record, I broke my fast today at dinner (5:30 p.m.). I was the first person done eating by a land slide! (I guess I was pretty hungry)

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

That's so funny! Fasting is the hardest thing in the world for me.