Thursday, March 20, 2008

all in a days work.

So today was just your ordinary day. The sun was shining, the weather was perfect at 67 degrees and a light breeze. Trent got to school on time, Kolby was chipper and excited for his Easter Egg Hunt at school. But then there are the other two children . . . . TANNER AND BROOKLYNE! So here are just a few things I have experienced with them today.

Tanner: * a full fledge fit on the elevator floor.
* milk spilled all over his kitchen chair, down his leg and on the floor
* hanging upside down in a tree that he is stuck in - I mean seriously stuck in. ( the sad thing is that I almost went and grabbed my camera instead of helping my panicing screaming son from the tree.)
* coloring on the kitchen floor, under the kitchen table
* taking daddy's razor and shaving his face. YUP, that is right, skin was shed. Luckily, we stopped him before blood was spilt.

Brooklyne: *got ahold of her poop in her diaper and tried to eat some. and maybe even got a taste! (I am spitting as we speak at just the thought)
* played in the milk that was spilt all over the floor by Tanner, she was so excited to spread it all over the place and to drag her tushy thru the spilt milk.
* fell down ALL of the stairs! (well, except for the last 3 steps, that is where I caught her) Tumbling down the stairs really freaked her out, my poor sweet pee.
* she got her first road rash today after falling from the bottom step of our back patio stairs. Then she got an additional scrap on her head from where Tanner clocked her with a lizard cage.
*she actually kept her shoes on while in the car. I call her the one shoe, one sock wonder, because no matter if we are in the car for 5 minutes or 30 minutes, she has one shoe off when I go to unbuckle her.

So as anyone can see, there is never a dull - tame moment in my house. And the even more shocking thing is that most of this stuff I actually LET happen, GASP!!!! (ok, not the shaving with a sharp razor, nor the falling down our stairs). This all took place while I will sitting around, painting my toe nails, eating bon bons, and watching sappy romance movies. **** I really hope everyone is able to notice the dripping sarcasm in my last remarks.***

3 comments:

Marla said...

Oh LOL!!!!! Sorry probably not that funny, but it really is!

camille said...

sigh, sadly,,, it is totally funny!

Sharrid said...

Oh, how I remember those long-gone days! Nobody ate poop that I recall but one of the girls spread it all over the wall. Ugh! No face shaving either but I had a couple who cut their bangs very, VERY short. You know, faces heal much faster than the weeks/months it takes for bangs to grow out!I must say I'm glad that we're not in your shoes anymore. It's no problem observing our children "battling" these types of challenges when Jim and I don't have to be directly involved. Don't worry, your time will come!