Well, it has been since last July when I/we took our last "trip". Trip/vacaion is defined to me as: getting out of Mississippi, going other places than the temple in Alabama or the Gulf Coast, and requires at least 1 night sleeping somewhere BESIDES my own bed. Anyway, because I have been going a bit stir crazy, we decided to take a long weekend as a family because the kids were out of school. We were deciding between, Atlanta GA, Pigeon Forge TN, or Dallas Texas, and we chose Tennesse. We found a great cabin at a really good price outside of Pigeon Forge and we hit the road running soon after that.
"You don't mind if I call Australia do you?"
"Anyone want to challenge me to a game of Pool?"
"hey, I wasn't done with that banana!"
The cabin was great. It was a 2 bedroom, 3 floors, with a jacuzzi outside, pool table and airhockey, a wet bar, flat screen tv, and a beautiful view. I did not think we would need a 3 bedroom place, but I wish we would have gone that route because Brooklyne slept in our room and she is a light sleeper (especially with her teething). While we were on our little vacation we took the family to the Ripley's Aquarium. It was a GREAT Aquarium and worth the money. The kids loved the Sharks and watching the scuba divers.
"WOW, those sawfish are COOL!"
We also went to a variety show called The Comedy Barn. The kids were busthing up laughing sooo much, they really had a great time there. My opion of the show would be it gets 2 stars out of 4. The tickets are pretty expensive (but at least the kids are free, one child per paying adult) so if you compare the cost of the ticket to the quality of show, then it was over priced. But if you compare the amount of entertainment and fun the kids enjoyed - then it was GREAT.



4 comments:
It looks like you guys had SO much fun!! I especially love the antler phone...I must find one, maybe eBay?
Great photos! Does Trent know anyone in Australia? Of course, you know, he may have been calling Grandpa!
Looks like you guys had a great time! Now, where is the I got to meet marla comment in there? LOL
The aquarium looks awesome! i love your boys' hair.
Post a Comment