So we as moms have to do so many different things just so the day can run smoothly. We have to: make sure the kids get up on time, make sure they have a balance breakfast, get them to school on time, make sure all homework is done and correct, make sure they have clean school uniforms, be home in time for naps, turn off radio so that your children do not hear the offensive stuff on there, get them showered and ready for bed so that they can be well rested for the next day. The list goes on and on and on and on.
But, Then there are all the exras that we as moms do in order to make a VACATION go smoothly. We make sure there are clothes packed for each day of the trip, extra underwear for your 2 year old, swim suits for the jacuzzi, driving directions to your location as well as the different activities you plan on doing, snacks for the car ride, snacks for the days on vacation, food for the meals you plan to cook, don't forget the syrup, medicine for "just in case", each childs special stuffed animal, toys to play with, telephone numbers, make sure the house is clean for when you get home,etc. Again the list goes on and on and on, I swear it is longer than the Mississippi River. So all of these things are attached to ALL the other things we do in a normal day to survive and make our family run smoothly. Well, because we/I do this for our family, I ended up starting our trip off on a stressed foot. I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off all of Thursday morning. I was trying to make sure all my i's were dotted and t's were crossed as best I could. So, the start of our trip was a bit tense for me. Then while we were "vacationing" I was still running around like a chicken with its head cut off. If I wasn't doing something for the kids in preperation for an activity, I was resovling fights, teasing, and wild animal behavior. I was trying to keep kids from killing each other, and the baby from falling down all the stairs. I was constantly being pestered for food, entertainment, or anything that just was out of my control at the time. Then there is the 2 year old who is stuborn as a mule adn wanted to throw fits over everything and anything. And to add to that we had a 1 year old who is teething, does not like sleeping anywhere BUT her crib, loves to climb stairs, and who has a nasty diaper rash from eathing too many strawberries. So with all of that, I found that my weekend "vacation" was not anything like a VACATION! I found to to be more WORK and more STRESS, and less SLEEP! When Sunday rolled around, I was so physically and mentally exhausted I was completely tapped out. I was short tempered with my family and I did not want to go on another family vacation for a very very very long time. I was so beat that I faded in and out of sleep the entire drive home, and then when Donald and I were talking after the kids went to bed, I just passed out. I was just so completely wiped out!
At least I am feeling more refreshed today, especially after a good nights sleep in my own wonderful bed. Maybe I will rethink waiting soooo long before taking another vacation, but it sure will not be anytime soon, I need to heal some more!
Secured Personal Loans - Give Property and Get Money
13 years ago



2 comments:
I'm a friend of Don's from the Ricks College days, and I just love your blog. You have such a cute family and I can TOTALLY relate to the latest post.... =)
Keep on keepin on.... that's what we mothers do, right?? haha!!
I'm totally exhausted just reading your blog! I vividly remember those pre-vacation days when we had small children. I've alwlays known the prep was horrid and that I just had to get-through it. Ugh!
Post a Comment