Friday, May 2, 2008

How, oh how will you spend your money?

OK, so I was reading something on babycenter, and I thought is was extremely insightful and oh so true. (thank you Celeste, it totally made me laugh)

KSL had a story on the checks that we are all supposed to receive inorder to stimulate the economy. They wondered if it would really help. This was their closing statement.

And just for fun, here's one way to look at deciding how to use your IRS stimulus check:

1. If we spend that money at Wal-Mart, all the money will go to China.
2. If we spend it on gasoline, it will go to the Arabs.
3. If we purchase a computer, it will go to India.
4. If we purchase fruit and vegetables, it will go to Mexico, Honduras and Guatemala.
5. If we purchase a good car, it will go to Japan.
6. If we purchase useless stuff, it will go to Taiwan and none of it will help the American economy.
To 'stimulate' the economy, keep that money here in America. Shop yard sales!

4 comments:

Sharrid said...

Toooo funny! But, I suspect way too true. I guess paying off credit cards or bank loans would probably send much of the money out-of-country also. Hmmmm....

TheEamesExpress said...

That's quite amusing! I'm certainly not complaining about getting a check in the mail though.

Kate said...

That is the funniest! And quite a good idea.

camille said...

hummmm, I am not sure what ours it going to. I guess probably technically Hawaii, but really it will be credit cards - BECAUSE of Hawaii! so I suppose, if I am going to give it away -- I might as well be sipping a fruity drink on the beach under a palm tree! lol