I know it is poor manners to really "brag" but I just have to. My first thought is that I was SORRY, and then I decided that there is absolutely nothing to be sorry about, so I will brag away!
Today is Mother's Day. I really was not expecting it to be overly excited let alone good at all. Lucky for me, I was wrong about how the day was going to be.
Donald got up at 6 am this morning and started making crepes (from scratch) and vanilla pudding (from scratch). Trent and Kolby got up at 6:30 am and Don helped them make lemon poppy seed muffins from a box. Donald and the kids marched down the hall with breakfast in hand, announcing their arrival to my room with an assortment of singing and musical instruments. I had 3 perfectly prepared crepes, filled with pudding and bananas, then drizzled with chocolate syrup and topped with whip cream. I had a Delicious muffin, a bowl of fresh strawberries and some juice. The boys were very excited to come in and wish me a Happy Mother's Day. They quickly went and grabbed a bagillion notes then had made for me, as well, as the stuff they had made in school. Trent had made me a cute card that had a flower on it that grew and grew and grew - like his love for his mommy! He also had made one of those pens that you tape a long flower onto; it is going to be my new favorite kitchen pen. Kolby had made a hand print pot holder for me, some pictures and a card from school. In the card, he said I was as pretty as a princess, that I was 8ft tall, 80 lbs, and that he knows I am upset when I roll my eyes. It also said that he wouldn't even trade his toys for a new mommy. Tanner and Brooklyne also had gifts for me, a box of my favorite See's chocolate nut and chews. Donald had also gotten me a hand picked assortment of chocolates from See's as well as making an adorable card and letting me know I could pick out my favorite giraffe purse (I have been wanting one, not sure why,, but I think they are just awesome!).
Church was really good today as well. In a lot of respects, it almost seemed like the speakers were talking directly to me. It made me a bit uncomfortable, but was wonderful all at the same time. At the end of church today, I ended up inviting a few people over for my yummy salsa (mom and I made it yesterday) to share at lunch. We had Linda, Richard, Sally, and Marion all come over. The weather was FANTASTIC! Oh it was just PERFECT!!!! Donald got the kids lunch inside while the rest of us adults relaxed and ate our lunches outside. Don was able to join us for a little bit, but then he went in to get kids down for bed, clean up the kitchen, and prepare a few things for dinner. Tonight he is making a smoked pork roast, smoked potatoes as well as roasted asparagus. He also put together a pretzel strawberry salad and made his red wine cucumbers and onions. For dessert we will be having chocolate mariange pie made my my mom and I.
Over all, I have been able to relax and enjoy the day. It really has been wonderful and such a break from the normal these days. So there you have it, my brag session about my wonderful Mother's day.
Secured Personal Loans - Give Property and Get Money
13 years ago



6 comments:
WOW! I must say that I was thrilled with the roses I recieved, but pudding filled crepes and fresh strawberries sound devine! I'm glad you had such a nice Mother's Day!
Your fam totally deserved to be in the "brag spotlight"! What an awesome day...see it pays off to be an awesome mom!!
Brag away - I'm totally jealous. I told Bobby with hopes for next year. We'll see. ;)
aww how fun! What a perfect "Camille" day!!! :)
ahhhh guys, you are all too too sweet! thanks, it really was a nice mother's day.
Sara - - - and YES,,, you phrased it perfectly it was a perfect Camille's day. =) you know me too too too well on that one!
Oh I'm so glad that you had a wonderful day!!!
Post a Comment