So this is what Brook was doing this morning while playing outside. A baseball had rolled under the van so she went to get it. She just crawled right under the van and grabbed the ball like it was no big deal. But THEN she could not figure out how to get out from under the van. She kept trying to sit up and of course would bonk her head. I probably let her try to figure it out on her own for about 2 minutes (this also allowed me to take a few pictures) and once she was about half way out from under the van, I helped her the rest of the way. Once she was completely free, she boogied over to my unattended camera and grabbed it. I quickly took it away, and once I did that, she was TICKED OFF for the rest of the morning! She was screaming like crazy, spazzing out if you even looked the wrong direction. She would not let me put her down, she did not want her bottle, she did not want her lunch, she did not want to play outside, she did not want to play inside, she wanted NOTHING that I offered her. It did not take very long for me to realize what was going on, she was holding a GRUDGE against me! So, here is how it REALLY went down: Brooklyne was happy playing in the garage and went to grab a ball that had gotten away under the van. While under the van, she found herself in trouble, she called out to me, and instead of mommy rushing to her aid, I stood in the doorway of the kitchen and watched her struggle. Not only did I watch her struggle, I made sure to document it with some good humiliating evidence. Once I got the desired footage, I then casually mosied over to assist her in getting out from under the car. Well, at this point, Brook was already half way out from under the car and could have gotten out the rest of the way all by herself. So, she was probably annoyed that I took so long to come and help her, and that when I finally got around to it, she did not NEED my help anymore. So, since she was irritated and embarrassed by this experience, she rushed over to the camera in an attempt to destroy the evidence of the baseball retrieving blunder. Because this was her only hope at saving any morsel of dignity, when I took the camera away from her, she was definitely going to MAKE ME PAY! She was MAD at me, and she wanted to make sure that I would think twice before ever considering crossing her path again. So now I suspect that her first
bon-afide memory is going to be this instance and when she is a teenager she is going to never let me forget about the time I let her stay stuck under the family van!



5 comments:
I was in the kitchen. Camille called me over to see "the sight". And, like she said, it was all down-hill from there! Talk about temper tantrums!
ohhhh YES, the "incident" took place around 9:15 a.m. and she did not let up until about 2 p.m. NOW THAT is a MAJOR FIT!!!!!!!!!!
LOL! Even the littlest ones seem to have a personality all there own. While at the time, I'm sure her full-blown temper tantrum didn't seem real great, it sure seems funny now!
I'd be ticked at you too!! Especially if I had managed to get myself almost all the way out!! :P
I love that we can ruin our kid's lives with one click of a camera...MUAHAHA!! You know they'll all be brats when they are teenagers anyway.
AMEN katy,,, A M E N ! ! ! ! ! ! !
Post a Comment