Friday, August 1, 2008

Here are the pictures ( kind of)


OK,, so long story short, I decided to have Brook wear two outfits (thanks to my awesome gal pal SARAH O.) For the group shot I had her in the pink dress and then had a few pictures taken of her individually in that dress. Then I changed her to the Janie and Jack red, black, and white dress. I ended up getting two pictures of her one in each dress, I just had too!!!!
As for my session at Portrait Innovations, it left a lot to be desired this go around. They did not get any GOOD pics of the kids all together, and they only did 2 poses. They kept trying to get Brooklyne to smile by using this feather thing,,, all it did was irritate her. I had to tell them twice to stop doing it. With the group pictures, they did not really try to get the kids to smile much at all, it seemed we were very rushed thru. Then when it came to the individual pictures, they took about 12 pictures of each boy. Now, normally this would not be a huge problem, however, of the portrait style pictures, they took 2 pictures of each boy,,, so that meant I only have TWO options. The pictures they took of Kolby do not even come close to showing any personality at all. I told the photographer that I was dissatisfied with the pictures of Kolby, but she just sat there. I talked about it for a couple minutes and she just sat there like a lump on a log. It was really frustrating, what was I going to do, only get pictures of my three other kids, and not Kolby, I THINK NOT! UGH.
Anyway, my mom and I ended up complaining about the situation, not because we wanted anything in return, but that we were rushed thru and were given sub par service. As for how many pictures were taken there was a total of 88. You do the math, with 4 kids, plus a group picture, there should have been closer to 150 pictures to chose from.
Nonetheless, if I was expecting GREATNESS, I would have gone to a professional who has their own studio who specializes in photographing children. I did not choose to spend that kind of money, so I guess you can say . . . "you get what you pay for".
All in all, the pictures are not BAD by any means, I am just disappointed in the service and actual lack of trying to get good smiles out of my kids. The kids only smiled as good as they did because I was saying some trigger words, like "baseball" "candy" etc.
Anyway, here are the pictures. Not great, but good enough I guess.



(the picture of her in the red, black and white dress is going to go up in her bedroom, and the one of her in the pink dress will be in the living room.)

by the way, I do have several updates to do on my blog they are just loaded with pictures. Some of the fun activities we did while in Illinois were: Children's Discovery Center, St Louis Zoo, and Nauvoo. Hopefully I will have those up on my blog sometime next week (however, we will be off to Atlanta on Tuesday).

6 comments:

Marla said...

Oh I think they are so cute! But, yeah at that place it really depends on the photographer I think. I went when Ethan was a new baby and we had so many pictures and poses to chose from. My friend went the next week and didn't have half as many to chose from. I'm sorry they didn't work well with you. BUt, the pictures are adorable!!! But, your kids are! I really like the one of Tanner!!

Bobby the O! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather said...

Kolby looks cute but I totally see what you mean. There isn't as much personality there and Kolby definitely has personality. I think the group shot turned out really cute though. Sorry they didn't give you much to choose from though, I know it's so disappointing when you spend so much time preparing for it. (sorry i left a comment as Bobby instead of myself. That's the deleted one.)

heather said...

i think they all look great! sometimes that feather thing works with dd and sometimes not...i've been in that situation before where nothing looks good. how frustrating! i really like them all though :)

Stacy said...

I think they're all great! As moms, we go into a place with all sorts of expectations as to what we want, and when it isn't that perfect picture in our head, we're disappointed. So I know what you're talking about, but from an outsider's view, they're awesome! What a cute family!

Sara said...

The pictures are very cute! I am glad you chose the pink dress. I am also glad your daughter has hair to work with--I never did. ha ha.