Monday, August 18, 2008

BACK TO SCHOOL!

SCHOOL IS BACK IN SESSION!
Most of you know that I make my kids breakfast on a regular basis. This is the breakfast that was request by my kids for the 1st day of school.
* 1 lemon poppy seed muffin * 1 fried egg * 4 strawberries cut up
* half banana * cup of milk * vitamins

Trent is in 2nd Grade and has Mrs. White as his teacher. I really like her and she seems very enthused that I want to help out in the class room. She even asked me today if I could come in and help starting next week. YEA! Trent is also excited because he is at the same cluster of desks as his best bud Bo.


Kolby was awesome this morning. He was not scared at all and was so excited to start kindergarten. His new teacher is Mrs. Hines and her room is in the same building as the 1st graders. Kolby was like an old pro when we got to his class. He quickly put his backpack away and sat at his desk. He is right next to a girl named Ava, whom I know but Kolby does not (Ava's mommy works out at the gym at the same time I do, and in the same kickboxing class). I was really happy because Kolby still gave me a quick kiss on the cheek before I left.


Tanner and Brooklyne also started school, preschool. I have them enrolled in Northcrest Baptist preschool 2 days a week. I have put both of them in preschool because I really want to be able to get involved in the school and bringing younger children is not ok. They started last week and were very excited.

Tanner was so excited to have his own backpack and lunch box. When we got to his class, I showed him his cubby for his things and he put his stuff in, and then took off to play. I stayed around for about 5 minutes. He was doing great, so I gave him a kiss and told him I would be back after lunch. He looked at me with kinda a nervous expression on his face. He walked away from me, grabbed his back pack and put it on, grabbed his lunch box and headed to the door. He looked so worried and nervous and was telling me he was going home with me. It took at least another 5 minutes before he would let go of the door knob and come talk to me. After I gave him a little pep talk and explained what was going on, he said he would stay. YEA!! When I went and picked him up the teacher said he did GREAT! What a big boy he is!!

Brooklyne was so tickled to have her own backpack and lunch box as well. She insisted on wearing her backpack like her brothers as well as carrying her own lunch box. When we got to her class, she freaked out. She clung to me with such a death grip it tore at my heart. I stayed in there for a good 10 minutes and then just had to let her cry it out. It was so hard to leave. When I went to pick her up, the teacher told me she cried a majority of the time and that the next time she comes to school, I need to just drop her off at the door and leave. That just broke my heart, but I do understand. So, on Thursday that is exactly what I did and off to the gym I went. When I got home from the gym I had a message on my voicemail from the director of the preschool asking for me to call her when I got the message. When I spoke with her, she was telling me how Brook was screaming the entire time. Not a hurt cry, not a hungry cry, not a tired cry, but a very MAD, and I going to let you know, and everyone else within ears shot know, that I AM NOT HAPPY kinda cry. Oh it just broke my heart. We talked about different options to attend to the situation and hopefully things will get better sooner than later. If we are still experiencing the same issues in the later part of September, I will most likely pull her from the preschool. Let's cross our figures she complies with the format and stops being miss drama queen!



6 comments:

whitney said...

What adorable, big boys in their cute little polos! You sure have some good-lookin' boys! Brooklyne is just so cute too-I ADORE her cherry dress. Hopefully things improve w/her at preschool.

Bethany said...

They all look so cute. An can I con you into coming to my house and making us breakfast?

Heather said...

Oh how fun, I love the first day of school. It's bittersweet. Your kids look so darn cute. I know what you mean about Brooklyne, I'm really worried that Adyen will do the same thing when he starts. He refused to stay in nursery last week. I guess good luck to us both!

Marla said...

Oh you are super mom. Okay, let me just tell you that. Ethan Would never eat that breakfast, but I would feel like super mom just making it!!!

Your kids are adorable! Love the first day of school pictures.

Oh, and it'll get better with Brook, give her a month, and she won't cry anymore. I find it helps to really talk up going to school with Ethan, and talking about his friends. Helps tons.

camille said...

Bethany,,, ha ha ha ha,,, I wish I could come to your house and munch on all your yummy treats. how about I fix the breakfast and you fix a never ending supply of treats to eat! sounds great to me!!!!! =)

Marla, it has gotten better, she only is crying now for a few minutes. the teachers say that it is a totally different child now. I have to laugh, because they just had to learn not to let her rule the room, ykwim.

TheEamesExpress said...

How exciting! I do hope that Brooklyne adjusts well to preschool. Great pictures of everyone.