Sunday, August 10, 2008

Nauvoo the Beautiful


While visiting my parents in Illinois, we took a day to visit Nauvoo. As I have mentioned before in my blog, Nauvoo holds a special place in my heart, as well as all of my sisters. Once in Nauvoo with the kids, it just seemed that time was flying by and we did not do nearly as much as we wanted to. In hind sight, I might have been willing to camp for a few days so that we could have been more relaxed during our visit. The weather was fantastic and the kids did GREAT considering a place like Nauvoo and all the historic homes, can be a bit difficult for them.

Kolby is helping make a rope. All three boys got to help with the rope, and they even
got to keep the finished product! They did such a great job.

"YUMMMMM, this pioneer imaginary food is FANTASTIC!"The kids posing with a statue of Joseph Smith.
The kids got a kick out of the Oxen ride. They kept trying to convince me that weneed to get some Oxen. YA,,,,, NO! Fun and games before the Nauvoo Pageant. The boys enjoyed a game of Stick Pull, Potato sack races, and a three legged race. OK,,, the 3 legged race was absolutely hilarious and had everyone around us just in stitches. Trent and Kolby have never done a 3 legged race before, and with Trent's determination and drive, mixed with Kolby's fun loving laid back approach to things, it made the race very entertaining. I wish I had video taped their race, because I was laughing so hard that I could not continue to take pictures any longer. The boys kept stumbling over each other, and would take a couple steps, then one of them would fall again. Finally, after falling a good 5 times, Trent just started to drag Kolby as he was on the ground and Trent was on both feet. All the people were just laughing so hard at their lack of team work, yet their good nature with each other and then Trent's persistent determination.

3 comments:

Katy said...

That looks like it was so funny!! I love that Trent was so determined.

I love all your recent posts and pictures(seriously where have I been?)!!

camille said...

katy, you have been on vacation,,, just like I have. I have only had a chance to check out a few blogs and actually comment, and i have been back for more than a week now! man, I am such a slacker! lol

Marla said...

Oh that is so funny! They look like they were laughing so hard!