Sunday, August 17, 2008

Lunch time news flash.

Trent has had "his mission" heavy on his mind. For the past couple of months he has been talking about how he did not want to go on a mission unless it was only for a month. He had this fixated on his brain, to which our reply has always been of a low key nature. Examples of our reply would be "Trent, when you get older, you can decide what you want to do, it is your choice to make." "Trent, to be a full time missionary, you serve for 2 years, not one month, but you don't have to decide that right now." Nonetheless, being a missionary has definitely been high on his focus. So today at lunch he proclaimed very definitively that he WILL serve a full mission, as long as he can take his VIDEO GAMES! I told him that missionaries don't play video games. His reply was very simple and unwavering, "I will just have to play on P day!" After I choked down my sip of water (I had to choke it down because otherwise I would have been spitting it out from laughing to myself) he just smiled at me and explained that he needs to take all of his stuff with him when he goes on his 2 year mission because he does not want us giving it all away or his brothers taking it! That his VIDEO GAMES were much too important to not have around when he would get home!

I find it very amusing the way our kids process things! (I think Donald needs to lay low on the stories he shares in reguards to him mission. He is going to scare our boys from ever going!)

1 comment:

whitney said...

At least he still wants to go...I'm sure he'll come around about the video games if you promise to protect them from his brothers-lol. I'm impressed that he's thought it all through, though ;).