Monday, December 15, 2008

Tis the season

It took some time to get into the feeling and spirit of the season this year.  Usually I am bursting with excitement to listen to Christmas music non stop and to put up the decorations as soon as Thanksgiving is past.  This year, I have felt 10 steps behind and am finally done decorating.  It is hard to believe that Christmas is less than 2 weeks away, I guess I need to work on my holiday baking now.

Our family Christmas tree.  The other tree in the living room is MY tree, lol.

The boys favorite ornament on the tree.
My favorite ornament on the tree.

The mantle with the stockings I made and the nativity 
glass etching my mom made.

I love my berry tree and candle holder (even if there are no candles in it
 - thanks boys for using those as swords)
Here's my snowman family - minus half a family. lol


Now for my holiday confession:  Mom, dad, Tiffany, Jolene and Katrina, I will  NOT be continuing the pigs in the blanket tradition this year.  Go ahead and disown me now.


3 comments:

Jo said...

ummmmmmm, did you get permission to remove a tradition that is generations old??? I mean, that's the only tradition we can come up with that goes ALL the way back to at least grandma. Come on..... :)

camille said...

I know, FOR SHAME, FOR SHAME!!! I am such a rebel aren't I.

TheEamesExpress said...

I love your decorations! The stocking turned out wonderful. You've really done a nice job.