Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving

Doesn't it always seem that there are times when you are a minute late and a dollar short?  Well that is how I feel, but that is not the point of this post.  I want to pull out a few tid bits of things I am thankful  for.  Some are more on the deeper side and some are light hearted.

I am thankful for the home I live in.  We have plenty of room and a great yard.  I love my kitchen and all the counter space.  I love knowing that I have a place to call home.

I am thankful for my husband who works hard to provide for his family.  Donald is constantly juggling many things in the air at once just to keep it all moving smoothly. I am truly grateful for his ability, talent, hard work, ingenuity, passion, drive, patience, and kind and giving heart.

I am thankful for Little Cesar's Pizza that is just down the street.  I have a confession to make: I honestly think we eat Little Cesar's once a week.  Some nights when I am too pooped to cook, or we are running around with sports and don't have time to eat at home, or nights like tonight, where Donald was doing yard work and I was taking advantage of the good weather with the kids - we can hop in the car and be at Little Cesar's in just minutes!  Sadly, one pizza and bread sticks does not do the trick anymore, it is now TWO pizzas with bread sticks.

I am thankful for the Internet.  Twelve years ago I would never have imagined that the Internet would penetrate our lives and existence so much.  From communicating with friends and family, to shopping at stores we don't have here, to checking the weather, or learning about the First Thanksgiving - the Internet is used each and every day in our home.  It allows me to accomplish so much more from the comforts of my home (especially with nap times).

I am thankful for my friends chocolate chip cookies.  For the first 30 years of my life I have not liked my own chocolate chip cookies.  They have always been flat and just kinda crumbly.  My friend gave me the simplest recipe that makes the best melt in your mouth chocolate chip cookies and I can't seem to stop making them.  I seriously crave them every week.

I am thankful for my children.  Sometimes I take for granted how easy it has been for me to be a mom.  I did not have to suffer long months of infertility, or go thru extremely difficult pregnancies.  I have been blessed with having 4 great kids.  Each and every one of them is amazing, and special, and such a gift.  I know I need to focus more on that, and less on my own short comings as well as theirs.

I am thankful for my space heater.  We have a space heater that is just fantastic and we use it in our family room down stairs.  When I am really cold and my toes feel like ice, I grab a blanket and snuggle right up to it.  It does not take long to feel toasty cozzy and that is just so relaxing.

I am thankful for our blower.  Who ever invented the leaf blower was brilliant!  We have so many trees on our property and with it comes millions of leaves.  We use the blower for everything, blowing out the gutters, blowing out the garage or work shop, and of course blowing off our yard.  

I am thankful for the gospel, Jesus Christ, and my Heavenly Father.  My words can not even express my gratitude for the blessing the gospel brings to my life.  I don't even fully understand the Lord's mercy, yet I am overwhelmed with such a deep gratitude for it.  I am so privileged that I was raised in a home where the gospel was taught and lived by.  My parents were valiant examples of fallowing our Heavenly Father.


I think I will stop now.  All sorts of things keep flooding into my mind and if I don't stop now, this will be the longest post in the history of blogger.    Bottom life, there is so much to be thankful for that there is always a reason to be smiling.

1 comment:

Platteborze Possy said...

What a great list! I have to agree on most of those, although I don't own a blower...I really want one though! Oh...does it get cold enough there to use a space heater??? Love ya!