We had Kolby's birthday party this morning at the park. The theme of the party . . . ARMY! I must say I was completely brilliant because his party was at 9:00 a.m. and was to last 1 hour and 30 minutes. This allowed the kids to play outside and get worn out earlier in the day before it got too hot to bear, and it allowed us to get home before nap time. We let all the kids play for 45 minutes or so and then we had a few games, then cake and presents, then a few more minutes playing in the park and home we went.
Here's a picture from "DRILL SERGEANT SAYS".
Here's a picture and me giving the kids their "rescue mission" instructions. And then a picture of Kolby and his friend from school Peyton with their rescued men. Each child who rescued an army man was rewarded with LIFESAVERS.
While I was telling the kids congrats on their completed rescue mission, we were attacked by an ENEMY! He attacked my crew with a supersoaker. Luckily my men were well trained in water hand gran aid attack and they went after him.
Finally after completing THAT mission, we retreated back to our camp and sang happy birthday, had some yummy cupcakes and of course, opened the presents.



5 comments:
Oh I love that idea! How cute!!! Looks like a wonderful party!! Great job!
Great party! I'm really impressed with your creativity! What fun games and activities - and especially the ENEMY! I'm sure every child had fun!
You're such a fun mom! That's a great idea :)
Hey...I'm glad some of my thoughts worked out well for Colby's party. Alex loved his "Camo" party. You can't go wrong playing "soldiers" with boys!
I LOVE it (I think I always say this when I post on your blog, but I think you are fantastic!!)!! I also think it is great that you started at 9:00...really you are brilliant!
You are going to have to give me "awesome mommy lessons", because you are so cool, and I make my three year old take pictures in a baby sling...
Post a Comment