Having a 16 month old is a lot of fun. Brook is thriving on Independence and figuring things out for herself. She has finally figured out how to give REAL kisses, and she kept coming over to me last night and giving me kisses and mumbling her "I love you". Every time Donald asked her for a kiss she would run away. It was totally cracking me up, but after Don got the shaft for the 10th time, I started to feel bad (only a tiny bit,,, I am the one who gave birth to her,, what did HE do, lol). Luckily this morning, she ran up to Donald and gave him a big kiss and a hug. Don said it was the best Fathers Day morning ever!
Today at church Brooklyne would not sit still or chill out at all. I ended up standing with her in the back of the chapel, but that lasted only a few minutes before she wiggled her talented self out of my grip. Once she was confident and comfortable in her new found freedom, she B-lined it for the drinking fountain. She climbed up on the little step stool and waved for me to come over. I lifted her up a bit and pressed the bottom (you know, that big long grey thing in the front that says PRESS) and water came out. She was pretty amazed at first, and then figured out how to get a drink. She now found a new toy that she wanted at her disposal, you can only imagine the furry that was expressed when I removed her from the area. I went back into the chapel, only to sit for all of maybe 3 minutes before she was unruly again. So once again I was standing at the back of the chapel trying hard to listen to the talk. It was like deja vu from just minutes ago. This time when Brook got to the drinking fountain I stayed back and told her I was NOT going to help her. She started to throw a bit of a fit, and then changed her mind set - she decided she did not need my help. I wish I had had a video camera with me because I was laughing so loud in the hallways I was certain someone was going to come and close the chapel doors. She was grabbing the drinking spout and trying to pull her whole entire body up to the fountain. In her process of trying to elevate herself, she pressed against the big grey button. She was surprised by the water flowing and turned to look at me. when she looked back at the water it was gone. She fussed like it was MY fault it was gone! She then proceeded to try to get the water to come out again. Every time she pressed the button she was amazed. After the excitement wore off and she was successful several times, she started to actually drink some of the water. Mind you, her nose does not even come up to the rim of the drinking fountain. Because she was grabbing onto the spout of the fountain, every time the water came on, her arm got wet. She would let go of the spout and then lick her arm. She did this a good 4-5 times. all I have to say is that it was very entertaining and I am sure, far funnier than the talk in the chapel.



3 comments:
Brooklyne is a doll!! I'm glad you didn't have a camera, that poor girl needs a break after the getting stuck under the car fiasco!! ;)
I wish you had had a camera! (So there, katy!!!)
Katy, I know, I bet if I had takem a picture there would have been a mongo fit just to spite me! lol I will say though,,, Ummmm, I have yet to put my 3 year old in a sling OR post half naked pictures of my children on the net! ROFL. (oh crumb,I have posted naked pictures of ALL my kids! lol)
Post a Comment