Saturday, November 1, 2008

better late than never - Our Topsy Turvy dinner and F.H.E.







I just want to get this on the blog before I post our halloween stuff.  A couple weeks ago, we made our scarecrow for F.H.E.  This year, we made him into a skelton pirate.  All the boys on the street think he is just the raddest thing ever.  Well, what can I say, we are a rad family.  =)


Then for dinner, we did a topsy turvy dinner.  We all sat in different seats at the table and had dessert first.  Peach Cobbler, yummm.  Then we had our water in a bowl, and our dinner (potatoes and onions, my dad's recipe) in cups.  The kids got to use the grown up silver wear, and Don and I used the kid stuff.  


The kids had a great time and have been begging ever since then to do another topsy turvy dinner.    I think we will have to do a once a year tradition or something, April 1st sounds good to me.  


3 comments:

Heather said...

You guys are always doing something so fun! I like the idea of the topsy turvy dinner.

TheEamesExpress said...

Great pirate! I love the idea of the topsy turvey dinner. Very creative and it sounds like fun!

camille said...

Yes, I think this will be what we do for our April Fools dinner, and like have the missionaries over for it as well. the kids would get a total kick out of that.