Thursday, January 31, 2008

"THINGS I HAVE LEARNED OVER THE LAST FEW DAYS"

* that no matter how hard you try and keep your newly cleaned kitchen floor clean - it will be dirty in the blink of an eye.
* that boys will figure out how to play hockey anywhere they can get away with - even if that means in the familyroom, on Sunday, with Grandpa as the goalie.
* that Brooklyne is the only child I have had who has figure out the stairs - up and down, in no time flat. Also, that when going down the stairs quickly, she looks like a frog going backwards.
* that even with 50% of the people in this house being sick,,, I can still remain upbeat!
* that no matter how hard a 2 year old tries to blow kernels of corn across the table - they just wont move; nor will the tomato.
* that oreo cookies and a cup of milk REALLY does work as a bonified breakfast.
* that no matter how hard you try to get your 7 year old son to spell the word "try" correctly, he still continues to spell it "chry".
* that a humidifier is the funnest toy on the planet for a 1 year old and a 2 year old.
* that I really truely, most definately, 100% hate what horemones do to me!
* that I can actaully get bored with the internet.
* that when you let your kids be in charge of FHE,,, that they can be very creative and are pretty good at acting!!!!
* that no matter how much you try to get rid of JUNK,,, it is stuffed in every corner, tucked in all drawers, and multiplies like a swarm of mosquitoes.
* that even when you give your kids a plate full of food - even more that what you are eating - they may still out eat you two times over! (ok, so mostly just my 7 year old does this, but it is getting rather expensive, it is like he is completely an empty tank.)
* that even though I never knew President Gordon B. Hinkley personally, that I can still feel a sense of closeness and affection for such a great man.
* that having a baby gate at the bottom of the stairs must have a HUGE largly printed sign on it saying: CLIMB OVER ME, I AM A TOY; THEN CLIMB OVER ME AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN. PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO KNOCK IT DOWN AFTER THE 26TH TIME OF CLIMBING OVER IT IN 10 MINUTES SO THAT YOUR BABY SISTER WILL CLIMB UP THE STAIRS AND BE AT THE TOP GATE BEFORE MOM EVEN HAS A CHANCE TO BLINK.!
* that picking your nose IS being reverent during prayer.
* that dad's old t-shirts are the best jammies ever for kids - no matter HOW ancient they are.
* that no matter how many kids I have potty trained, it still is not fun, easy, or enjoyable!
* and last but not least, that living in a digital/technology world - it can be the most rewarding, but the most frustrating thing on the planet. Especially when your cell phone goes off every 5 minutes, your home phone will not connect a call, your internet refuses to run fast, your alarm clocks snooze botton must be malfunctioning (I know I hit the snooze, not the off), and a dozen other things that I can not think of right now.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Haha!! That was great!!

whitney said...

LOL!! Oh, how true it all is! I love your little boy trying to blow the corn/tomato across the table. Good job seeing the humor in the little things, instead of letting them bother you (as I too often do:P).

camille said...

whitney - that is my favorite one on there also. I mean he seriously was cracking me up as he was trying his hardest to blow that corn across the table, it never even moved a hiar. lol