Friday, January 18, 2008

Happy Birthday Trenton!!!!! the go cart is finally done!

So several months ago we gave Trenton a couple options for his birthday. he had told us that he wanted to have a "work party" where he and some friends build something. Well, when we asked him what he wanted to build his first choice was an airplane. yes,, that is right, an airplane that he and his friends could fly in. I guess he figures that since Donald works on the F-22 and the C-130 planes that building a plane would be a sinch. Nonetheless, we told him that we would not be building a plane. we asked what other things he would like to build. he said "a climbing wall with a rope to hang onto." Donald of course was very intrested and totally on board with this (hummm I wonder why). I told Trent that he could either have a birthday party with his friends or he coul build something as a family. I told him I would check back in a few weeks.


Well, time passed, and after a few weeks I asked him what he wanted to do. he was very set on building something - and painting it! a few days later he saw something on building your own go-cart. BOOM - he was sold!!!!


So Donald and Trent drew up some scamatics for the go-cart and Don started finding the materials that he would need. The idea was that we would paint the go-cart the day of his birthday, however, it was a rainy stormy day (the kids actaully got sent home 2 hours early) so we would not be able to paint the go-cart. Trenton was sad, but he understood. Nonetheless, the go-cart was all completed and painted and ready for its first test drive just a few days later.


Here are some pictures from the building and painting of the go-cart. and then from Trents first triumphant ride!!!!














2 comments:

whitney said...

How fun! It might not be a airplane, but it's definitely impressive!

Melissa said...

A little boys first dream car, lol!