Wednesday, January 9, 2008

my birthday, I just seem to be getting older and older each year. (funny how that works don't you think?)

So Tuesday was my 31st birthday. It started out like a normal school day. I got the kids breakfast and had Trent doing his spelling words. While Trent was eating his waffles he lost his first tooth. he was so excited and had to call his dad to tell him. I told him it was a great birthday surpise for me, and I thanked him, you could tell that it totally gave him warm fuzzies. Then Tanner had a nice morning gift for me as well ------ a horrible, smelly, make me want to puke poopy diaper. I will spare the details and leave it at: 4 baby wipes, stepped in it twice, and had to wash my bedding since I changed him on my bed, oh, and about 1/2 a can of febreeze. AHHHH the tender sweetness of a 2 year old who is not potty trained yet.

Anyway, my day was a rollercoaster of emotions and I cried off and on all day but over all, I think I faired well considering. My mom (who is visiting from Illinois) and a her friend Linda from church (amazing how my mom comes to visit ME,,, but seems to make friends in the process, lol) took me to Dekab to go to this fabric store to get material for making a spring pillowcase dress for Brooklyne. I love the fabric we got and I can not wait till we make it.

For dinner we went to the China Buffett. Not that it is fabulous or anything, but that way no one had to make dinner and clean it up. I chose a buffett because that way the kids would be happy and I would not have to worry about them whining and complaining about waiting for food. and the other reason for the buffett was that way my boys could eat as much as they want (since seriously they eat me out of house and home). When we got home we had triple chocolate cake (thanks mom) (this is the cake I always had for my birthday when I was growing up, but I never make it because Donald is not a big cake eater) and then I opened gifts. the kids got me some lotion from Bath and Body Works, I got a work out outfit from my parents, a nice pot from my mother in law, some money from my other mother in law, a digital picture frame, a gift card, some church CD's I have been wanting for a while. oh oh oh,, and a new digital camera!!!! YEAH!!! we were going to wait till we got our tax return, but i guess Donald felt bad for me with how my camera has been acting up with it's shutter speed. So he got me the Cannon Rebel -10.1 megga pixel. I can not wait to figure out how to use the thing, lol

Anyway, after the kids went to bed we played cards with my parents and had a low key evening. it was nice. As for the rollercoaster of emotions, today has been better, I have not cried at all today - - almost a couple of times, but no tears ever left my eyes.

2 comments:

whitney said...

I don't think you're old (and you should trust me, I'm young;)! You'll have to post pics of Brooklyne's pillowcase dress-it sounds cute. I'm glad your b-day was ok (although I'm sorry your BF is moving-that really sucks). Oh, and I'm jealous of your cake-it sounds so good!

whitney said...

I don't think you're old (and you should trust me, I'm young;)! You'll have to post pics of Brooklyne's pillowcase dress-it sounds cute. I'm glad your b-day was ok (although I'm sorry your BF is moving-that really sucks). Oh, and I'm jealous of your cake-it sounds so good!