Monday, January 25, 2010

Fab-tab-ulous weekend on the cheap


I know this is out of chronological order, but if I don't post this now, then I know that I will forget and it will never get posted. Nonetheless, this past weekend we had GREAT fantastic weather, it was sunny and 70 degrees. Here is a run down of our weekend:

FRIDAY:
- Went to the gym and played racket ball with Donald.
- Headed to WalMart and stayed within my budget, GO ME!
- Took Tanner and Brooklyne to the Bonita Lakes Park and chased them around and laughed a lot.
- Had a picnic at the park with the little ones.
- After Trent and Kolby got home from school, we headed over to the church and road bikes, ran races, played kick balll, and played roller hockey as a family.
- After putting kids to bed Don and I got to relax and watch a movie.

SATURDAY:
- Got to sleep in until 7:45 a.m.
- Made and ate a yummy breakfast of Hootnanny Pancakes and a spread of fresh fruit.
- Headed to Bonita Lakes at 10:30 a.m. Don took the kids over to the park to play while I got to run a couple miles. Running outside felt so dang good, and it was the first time I have gone running in over 3 months and it was AWESOME.
- Took the kids hiking on the trails. We hiked a little more than 3 miles. Tanner and Brook were carried about 50% of the time, but over all they did pretty good. Trent didn't want to stop, he was determined to do 5 miles.
- Made it home in time for Tanner and Brook to get a 2 hour, MUCH NEEDED, nap.
- Took the kids to the roller rank because we had some free passes. Kolby got to bring a friend and we had a nice time.
- Went to the Elders Quorum bon fire hot dog roast as a family.
- I resisted the package of Oreo cookies sitting on the table!
- Got the kids home and showered and in bed by 8:30 p.m.
- Snuggled up to my husband and watched a movie before bed.

SUNDAY:
- Made it to church ON TIME.
- Enjoyed church.
- Had a nice lunch of left over OUR BEST BITES Chicken and Dumplings.
- Helped my kids learn what giving to others is about. I wish I could take the credit, but really it it was instigated by Trent and Kolby. The 4 kids collected and donated $10 for Haiti relief then Donald and I added to that to make it an even $50.00. The time we spent discussing how we can contribute to the Haiti relief and the blessings in life was an unforgettable teaching moment that melted my heart.
- Had a great dinner as a family with lots of laughs.
- Put the kids to bed and played card games with Donald.

Overall, our weekend was the perfect way to spend our time together.

No comments: