Sunday, January 24, 2010

9 year old TUDE



My perfect little angle of a son has turned 9 years old. Ahhhh, he really was, and is an awesome kid. Seriously, he was a nearly perfect pregnancy, an easy delivery, a picture perfect baby, toddler, and preschooler, and now, now her has hit the age of ATTITUDE! I suppose I had a glory ride for quite some time, and honestly, his TUDE isn't nearly as bad as some I witness from other 9 year old boys. Nonetheless, he is declaring his independence and trying to establish and figure out the boundaries and line to cross. Yes, I think it will be a work in progress, but thankfully, he is a dang good kid, who is smart, caring, hard working, people pleasing, assertive, critical thinking, caring heart, fun, silly, and much much more. All of these qualities help to out weigh his deliverance of TUDE.

Anyway, enough of that, Trent was able to have a birthday party this year. For the past 3 years he has not had a "friend" party. One year he chose having a friend sleep over, another year he chose building a go cart with dad, and last year was all about getting baptized. So this year he got to have a fun FRIEND party. For several months he was persistant in his desire to have a football and soccer party. This idea was a difficult one to pull off seeings how his birthday is in January. Thankfully Trent was open for suggestions and changed his party plans to a Roller Skating party!!! When Saturday rolled around we were even more grateful for Trent's party plan change due to the 35 degree temp. that day.

Trenton, Bo, and Cooper roller skating

JT, Adam, Trent and Max getting ready to do some Hokey Pokey.

Max, Trent and Adam

Jessica, our babysitter, was helping Brooklyne roller skate

Time for some birthday cake

Party Time!

This picture is the BEST! Seriously, check out the expression on Tanner's face and Jessica's face!

Daddy helping Brooklyne roller skate.

Tanner and I cruising on our wheels while David and Bo laugh in front of us.

"Look Mom, I am miss independent!"

1 comment:

Sarah O. said...

Can I just say how ADORABLE Brook's teeny-tiny roller skates are?!!!!!! LOVE THEM!!!