It was very cloudy and overcast at the Needle, as you can probably tell from these pictures.
One of the locals who was hiking the area told us that these two waterfalls are RARELY ever seen. They are so far away they must have been gushing that day in order for us to see them.
Some of the trail was rather steep and was narrow is spots. My legs were getting scratched up and my thighs were killing me from the angled trail.
Here's the creek/river/stream - whatever you want to call it!
After your husband has taken the 50th shot of you that day with different scenic backgrounds, you get a little creative your expressions for the camera.
Donald and I kept joking around by saying "SCARY!" There were several things we saw on our trip that we assumed Tanner would have responded with "scary" so we took it upon ourselves to do it for him. So here we are, documenting us saying "SCARY!"
After leaving our hiking adventure we drove half way to Lahaina and decided to stop and watch the sunset. We chose a spot with our kids in mind. We watched a group of surfers ride the waves as we enjoyed the sunset. It was a lot of fun to just take it all in. The wind was blowing pretty strongly and you can really tell by some of the pictures. Donald took a few AWESOME shots of the waves, so I included a few of those pictures as well.
The focus on these surfer pictures is not the best. They were actually rather far away and of course, constantly moving.
Check out the wind force as this wave is curling forward.
I love how the light and wind and water all work so well in this picture. Donald loves that it is a double wave shot!
Awwww, sunset! The sun is shining down on the sail boat as it drifts by.



3 comments:
I should just stop reading your posts now...I'm sooo jealous, but in a very good way. Everything is extremely beautiful and of course the Lowe's always know how to have fun!! I'm excited to see the rest!
These are fantastic pictures! I can only say..."WOW"!
How fun! The landscape and pictures are just gorgeous! Gotta love the "scary" one :)
Post a Comment