Saturday, September 27, 2008

Sunny California

During our 2 week trip/vacation, we went to Southern California. We were able to spend time with family, friends, go to the beach and the temple.

Thursday night, we got into LAX around 8:30 p.m. we picked up our car and headed to Fullerton to stay the night with Don Sr. Friday morning, we got up, visited a bit, and headed off to San Diego to go to the temple. We did one session and participated in some sealings. After the temple we headed to my sisters house. We did a double date that night, going to Sweet Lumpy's for some yummy BBQ and then over to their bishops house to watch a movie in the backyard.

(Rick, Jolene, Camille and Donald at Sweet Lumpy's in Old Town Temecula)

It was awesome weather and we enjoyed our evening. Saturday morning we played ROCK BAND on their WII and I was the lead singer. Of course I should have my own record deal but I am way to talented for something like that. What I really want to know is why I have no problem jamming out to Bon Jovi at home, but once it is in a game I am a total dork!

(other band members are Bryant and Parker)

Saturday we also went shopping and I got some HOT shoes! Later, we went and checked on our home, I went to lunch with my girlfriend Jana (Baja Fresh) and then we went went to Souplantation for dinner with Wade, Sabrina, Jacob and Taniel Anderson. Sunday we went to church, saw a few old friends, and then one of Donald's old college roommates came over with his little growing family. Monday we did a Lowe family gathering at Huntington beach for the day and just relaxed. Tuesday, we left for the airport at 3:15 a.m. and surprisingly it only took us a total of 30 minutes to get there. (I swear that must be some kind of a record.)

I will hopefully FINALLY get tothe Maui stuff tomorrow - cross your fingers I succeed!

3 comments:

Marla said...

It sounds like you guys had a great time! Love the rockin' pic! LOL

Platteborze Possy said...

looks fun...but not as much fun as Washington (hee,hee)! I can't wait for the Hawaii pictures, could ya get a move on that?! :):):)

Tiffany said...

Isn't Lumpys yummy?!! And Rock Band...what can I say...FUN! Glad you had a good time in CA.