Monday, September 29, 2008

Paradise on Maui (part 1)

After leaving LAX at 6:30 a.m. we had a very long flight and arrived in Maui later that same afternoon. We were greeted with our beautiful leis and went and picked up our sporty convertable. The first place we hit was the local Costco, to where we were met with over priced food. After our jaw dropping check out, we headed to our condo. We rented a 2 bedroom unit at Menehune Shores in Kihei which I found after doing a ton of researching on vrbo.com. Our unit was on the 3rd floor and had a fantastic view. Our goal was to go out to dinner that evening and watch the sunset and relax, however, we were so pooped that we just grabbed a bite from the fridge (thanks to Costco) and crashed around 8:00 p.m.
This was a view of the sunset from our lani when we finally realized how late it was. Can you tell how full of energy we are?
This is the view of the ocean from our bed.
Our breakfast view from our lani. I loved how the ocean would just light up and sparkle.
We enjoyed walking along the beach by our resort. Here I am walking towards our condo, the picture cuts off before you would see where our room was
(It is the next row of windows.)
A rainbow we saw as we were driving to Lahaina.

1 comment:

Marla said...

It's so pretty! I miss Maui!