Tuesday, September 2, 2008

RED SQARE = LOUD NOISE

****** this story took place the morning we left for our vacation ******
My children must feel the need to let their presence be known at the preschool. If Brooklyne is not having a fit of a day, and if Tanner is not being feisty and unruly, then Tanner must get creative and pull the FIRE ALARM!

Yes, that is right, my child, my perfect innocent angel child, pulled the fire alarm at preschool today. When I went to pick him up at noon, the teach seemed to lecture ME, that I need to teach him not to pull fire alarms. Well, I must say, in his defense, the fire alarm was at a small child's reach, was a bright red square in the wall, and had this handle that just SCREAMED "pull me"! I mean what inquisitive child would turn down such an offer?

Of course the fire department had a truck half way to the school before they found out it was a false alarm. I told Tanner it was not a good choice to pull the alarm and to not do it again. (With that said, I secretly think it would be a hoot if he pulled it the last week of school -aren't I evil!?!?!?)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you come back from your vacation early because of Hurricane Gustav?

Anonymous said...

I was wondering the same thing. I sure hope you didn't have to cancel your HI plans!! You've been waiting for so long!

camille said...

anonoymous - - - who are you?

Anyway, NO, Gustav did not stop our trip at all. we were nervous when we left town on Thursday, but we trusted my parents that they could handle the situation. We are really glad we did not plan a vacation to Florida or the likes thereof instead of Hawaii, lol. Gustav hit land as a cat. 2 and was far enough from our city, that we have not experiences much of the weather from it - which I am very grateful for.

We got into Maui this evening, and are relaxing while watching the sunset over the ocean.

btw, Sara,,,,, I want to see pictures of sweet baby girl! =)

TheEamesExpress said...

That is too funny! I can't believe she made it seem like it was your fault. Why in the world would it be at that level? Really not sure about that one. He is certainly a character and a fun one at that!

whitney said...

Grrr...I can't believe that they lectured you! Heck, I'm an adult who definitely knows better and I'M tempted to pull the fire alarm sometimes. LOL!

Marla said...

LOL!!!! What a hoot!! I love it!! I must agree, that it does just scream for a kid to pull it. At least some places put that little plastic box over it, that might stop some children.