Sunday, February 10, 2008

Our southern BEL is one years old!!!

It is amazing how one year has flown by. In some aspects it seems to have been slower than frozen snot (ok, that is Donalds little phrase, not mine) and then other times it is more like the F22 raptor fighter jet.


Brooklyne has adapted well into our family. She loves to be with her brothers, especially Tanner. If Tanner is in time out, Brooklyne goes over into the corner with him. If Tanner is in his room with the door closed, Brooklyne will come over and bang on his door until he opens it. It really is rather cute. She even likes to scavenger for food under his chair at the dinner table - oh wait, maybe that is because he is FEEDING HER!!!!


I would also say that Brooklyne has become very quick. If you leave a door open, - she is there, if you go down the stairs, boom, she is right behind you. If you open the fridge - she is already climbing inside. This past Sunday in Sacrament Meeting Nicole was holding her and doing her best at keeping Brooks hands out of the bread. Nicole was very successful until the last split second before passing the tray - and ZAP - Brooklyne nabbed a fist full of bread. She was very pleased with herself and I could tell she was eagerly awaiting for the water. This time though, she was unsuccessful at her attempt to get anything.


Anyway, Brook is a happy little girl. she is growing fast and it is alot of fun to dress her in all the cute things I get to buy for a little girl. Donald has yet to realize the differences in the clothing and excessories for boys vs girls, but I am sure he will catch on eventually. For her birthday dinner we had baked potato soup (thanks mom) and then for dessert I made a banana cream pie. I figured that since we had Triple Chocolate Cake the night before for my mom's birthday, that I needed to do something different - so pie it was - - - and she loved every bite of it!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe it has been a year already!! Time keeps flying by and we miss your family so much! You have a very sweet looking girl, and I love the bow!!! ~Sarah P.

whitney said...

Oh, she's so cute in her cake pictures. Gotta love that big ol' head bow (Georgia almost always has one on)! Mmmm, your dinner sounds so good, I'm uber jealous. Sounds like she's definitely a mover and a shaker. Isn't she at such a fun age?!

BTW-"cooking" is exactly what Ezra thought he was doing. I didn't realize it at the time, but he's since gotten into the baking powder, salt (again), and shortening, and he's informed me he's cooking (I'm pretty sure he's trying to duplicate the brownines he helped me bake:P).