Donald I were talking Sunday afternoon about sacrifice. We were discussing how the early saints of the church sacrificed sooo much for the growth and progression of the church. This made us reflect upon how much WE actually do or do not sacrifice.
Well, when I sit and actually think about what SACRIFICE means to me, I think about Charity, and it being the pure love of Christ. So do I sacrifice? do I have charity? Do I exemplify the pure love of Christ? Sure I go to church for 3 hours on Sunday, getting 4 kids ready by myself and getting there before the block starts. Sure I fulfill my calling, some weeks I am more prepared than others, but I do try to do a good job. Yes we pay a full tithe, but we always have. So to me, I do not see these things as SACRIFICES in our lives, I see them more as automatics. KWIM? But if those things are automatic for us, then how and what do I sacrifice? How do I increase the charity in my heart?
To add to my pondering thought process, I reflect on what my Sunday School lesson was; the 3 kingdoms of heaven. This causes me to take a look at myself and evaluate on whether or not my focus in my life is on returning to Heavenly Father or not. How many times in a day do I ask myself if I am bettering myself to return to my Heavenly Father? ummmmmmm, well, I would have to say on some days - not at all; and then other days maybe 1-2 times! Rarely is my focus on how to return honorably to Heaven. Instead, I focus on: getting the kids off to school on time, laundry, keeping the kitchen clean, what is on tv tonight, what my friends and family are up to, will I go on an anniversary vacation this year, when will we ever move, why couldn't I have had no stretch marks and saggy skin, being tired, what to make for dinner, etc. the list could go on and on and on. But the point is --- in that list, there was NOTHING about spiritual growth. Sure I read my scriptures in the morning, I say my personal prayers, I try to follow the commandments and teach or children the gospel. But what is my FOCUS in my life???? And if my focus is not on that which will help me in returning home to Heavenly Father, than do I need to change my focus???????
So the real question needs to be: how do we progress here on Earth while maintaining a spiritual focus on Heavenly Fathers Plan??? How do we live IN the world, but not OF the world? If my routine is only 10-15% that of gospel growth, then wouldn't I need to change things? And if you were to sit back and evaluate your life, what would you discover? Are you like me? - busy trying to do that which is right, but constantly on the go and unsure how to make your life more centered in Christ? Do you have Charity in your hearts? Would you sacrifice like the early saints did if you were asked to - or needed too?
Secured Personal Loans - Give Property and Get Money
13 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment