Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Tanner may need a new name

. . . TAN-ZMANIAN DEVIL!

I know I have mentioned a few times before that Tanner is a fully loaded pistol with a loose trigger that can go off at any time. As much as this is SOOOO TRUE, he is also so sweet, kind, funny, thoughtful, playful, sensitive, caring, and the list can go on and on. Sadly oh so sadly, Those traits of his get over shadowed by his firey spark of defiance, adventure, stubbornness, passion, temper, strength, and his overall "out there" mannerisms. Some might claim he is just "all boy" or even a "typical" 3 year old - however, I know better than that. There is something completely special about him that sets him apart from the rest of the pack, and although it riddles me to tears more times than I would like to admit, I know that he has something amazing to offer this world. Nonetheless the fact remains that I am bewildered by his complex passion for life. I want to just list a few of the things that have left me baffled and at a loss of words that Tanner has added to his repertoire of perplexing behavior just in the past week.

- Flinging strawberry yogurt across the dining room table - splattering all over the table, the floor, and his brother. (I was in the bedroom getting dressed while the kids were eating breakfast before school.)

- Spitting toothpaste in Brooklyne's hair, not once, not twice, but three time. He also spit toothpaste on her face.

- Using a plastic fork to scrape/scratch off the finished surface on our dining room table.

- painting the playroom wall (using the left over paint from our painting the room a few days earlier) as well as the blue sofa and his clothes.

- Flooding the upstairs bathroom while Don and I were putting the playroom back together.


YUP,,, all of that in just 6 short days.




-

3 comments:

Platteborze Possy said...

wow! Sounds like someone is slacking off in the parent department!Just kidding!!! I just can't help but be amazed that he got into the paint! How did he open that sucker? I can't even open those paint cans! HE takes after his dad obviously:):)

whitney said...

Whoa, that is one BUSY boy. He takes being "all boy" to a whole new level. I'm completely impressed you haven't killed him yet ;)

Marla said...

Wow he is a busy busy boy!!