Saturday, December 29, 2007

Christmas time must mean sickness time


well, I am hoping that I will finally get this blog thing figured out. I started this blog back in October and I got frustrated with it, but I decided to take another stab at it. I sure hope I will be able to stay with it and not get to frustrated.

Nonetheless, we had a great Christmas. We did not travel anywhere this year so it was low key and relaxing I guess. Donald and I were discussing just today that we need to relax MORE and do more fun things with the kids before they go back to school. If seems that if you are home, you just want to get things done, like laundry, cleaning, organizing, odd jobs, etc. I told Donald that Sunday thru Tuesday we are only allowed to do "house stuff" for one hour, and the rest of the day needs to be about enjoying the family. Ok, Ok, back to Christmas. so the week before Christmas we had tons of sickness in the house. we started off with Kolby having a really bad cough,, but no fever and no other signs of illness. well, about a week after that Tanner came donw with an upper respitory infection. two days after that, Brooklyne had one. and two days after that, Tanner had a double ear infection. Meanwhile, Donald had an upper respitory infection and was not doing well at all. then a couple days after that, Trent starts to not feel so good and throws up. We take him to the doctor, and the doc said he did NOT have an infection. well, then 3 days later, I get a stomache flu!!!! so I was sick all day on Christmas eve, it is a good thing that stomache bugs usually are only 24 hours or so. And to add to the sick frustration, Kolby thru up on Christmas eve as well - but afterwards, he was totally fine and continued being a happy and healthy kid. thankfully, Christmas morning I was feeling ok enough to make our traditonal breakfast and I was able to enjoy the festivities of the day (unlike the year before when I was 8 months pregnant with a horrible flu. we had cold cereal for breakfast and frozen lasagna for dinner. I spent most of the day drugged up in bed - it was a horrible Christmas day.)


No comments: