We are finally in the month of October. Time has just flown by this year, just as it does every year it seems. Sometimes I wish I could just freeze time and hold on to that moment just a bit longer, but of course, I have no such powers. (my mom claims there is a magic wand in the attic, but I have yet to see it and I am starting to think she is delusional.) Most days seem to leave me at the end of the night completely exhausted and ready to pull my hair out. Although I get overwhelmed and frustrated at times (ok,,, more times then I would really like to admit), I absolutely love being a mom and having 4 truely fantastic children. Each of them brings a smile to my face and a hop in my step on a regular basis. The joy and excitement that I feel from being a mom is unremarkable and most likely I could never do motherhood justice in trying to explain the vastness of its fulfillment.
Nonetheless, back to it being October. I know I should not complain, but I would really like for our weather to cool off a bit. I want it too feel and look like fall. I want to wear long sleeves and jeans. I want the air to be crisp and my nose to be cold. As much as I desire the coolness that fall has to offer, I am still sitting STICKY with warm weather. The Humidity here in the south is still something that I have not learned to love, or even like for that matter. I do like that it is warm here 3/4 of the year, but I miss having seasons. Currently our weather is very nice, in the mid 80's with very little humitiy. I should just bite my tounge and be greatful for not having SNOW, but, you know what they say: "The Grass is Always Greener on The Other Side of The Fence". I am sure that in the next few weeks we will have a few nights where it frosts over. After that it will just get rigid cold and brown and a bit unattractive outside - thus bypassing Fall and going straight into Winter.
I suppose I will work on having a better attitude in the morning. I will be gratefull that it is a sunny day and that I do not have to bundle my children up in 20 layers of clothing just to go get in the car. I will focus on enjoying the fact that my grass is still green and that we do not have a yard full of leaves to rake up yet. I will count my blessings that even if it is not crisp and cool outside, that at least I have a home that has air conditioning and when it DOES turn cold,,, we have a heater as well. I guess I am just committing myself to havea better attitude with a new better day.
Secured Personal Loans - Give Property and Get Money
13 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment