Monday, October 25, 2010

FUN FUN WEEK - - - - ya, not so much.



My week started off pretty good. I had a busy Monday like usual. We had speech therapy and a few errons to run. The Sister Missionaries came over and did their laundry like they do every P Day and then they washed their car and the Elders came over to wash theirs. After I picked the boys up from school, We all played outside for a while. The Elders and Colton worked at getting the kickball and football unstuck from the tree. they through bricks at the balls for a good 10 minutes before they were successful at retrieving both balls. After that we had fun with riding down our "Mississippi Cliff" on kid ride on toys. I wish I had been able to get a few better pictures, but it was hilarious to watch the elders get in the little red car.

Elder Ceballos in the red car.

Elder Ceballos on the black truck this time, with Elder Hoffman setting
him up for his ride down the hill. Of course he didn't make it very far,
maybe 6 feet or so before he flipped forward.

Elder Hardin managed to squeeze into the red car as well. Off he went . . .

Elder Hardin completely flipped over and then rolled down the hill. We were laughing so hard.


Elder Ceballos takes another go at riding the black truck - this time he ran into
a tree stump and flew off the truck and almost toppled onto Colton.

Sister Allen rides the SAFE - lower to the ground - trike.

Sister Spencer was having a doozy of a time staying on the "bucket" of the trike.
We all had some great laughs.


On Tuesday Brooklyne had gymnastics. While she was there, I ran over to Hudson's Treasure Hunt real fast to get her the silver sparkly shows for her Halloween costume. While I was there I picked up a pair of black ballet flats that had small white polka dots. they cost me $2.10 - what a steal. That evening I took Tanner and Brooklyne to Planet Playground while Donald held soccer practice. I was running and playing with the kids on the wood playground. I was chasing Tanner, and I turned to go down some stairs. There was a warped board (unknown to me of course) right before you step down. Well, I never made it down those stairs, instead I was laying on the walkway on the structure pasted out from pain. After I came to, I called Donald since he was just over at the soccer fields by the park, he tried to help me get up and I pasted out again. A few minutes past by, and he tried to help me up once again - guess what - I pasted out AGAIN. After a few more minutes had pasted by I managed to scoot myself over to a bench that I could sit down at. The whole ordeal was rather painful and a bit embarrassing.
That night I thought I was going to have to go to the ER because the pain was so intense when I put ice on it ---- I was just in tears. I was crawling thru the house to try and get kids ready for bed. I was finally able to get some sleep, and I only woke up a few times from the pain. In the morning Don helped me to get to the bathroom. after I was done, and before I tried to stand up, I pasted out again - falling off the toilet - lovely. Don ended up staying home from work the whole day. It is a good thing too because we got a call from the school about 30 minutes after dropping the boys off, and Tanner had puked at school. Don went and got Tanner - but that ment I had to go to the doctor by myself because he was puking so much. I drove to the doctor, almost fell asleep there a few times. they took x rays - they thought it was fractured, but it isn't. after that, I rushed over to the school for Trent's 4th grade play - I wobbled in like an idiot, ha ha ha. I made it before his classes part - yay. then I went home and went to bed for the rest of the day. I am so thankful Donald was home because Tanner had thrown up several times. On Thursday I was able to get the kids to school, but Tanner stayed home. I found it challenging to keep tabs on Tanner and Brooklyne given my "crippled" state. They managed to get away with many things, but over all - we all remained alive and that is what matters, ha ha ha. Donald picked the kids up from school since my foot was hurting.

The 4th grade play was "STARS ACROSS MISSISSIPPI".
Trent's class focused on Jim Hensen.


The kids made some shadow puppets - Trent is the boy with the jar, his name is Kermit.

Trent was also COOKIE MONSTER!!!

I love how his costume kept falling over his eyes. In this picture the kids had a puppet that was their principle, Mrs. Germany, and she was talking about the State Tests, ha ha ha ha ha.

Trent standing next to Miss Piggy as the whole class sang a song.
Next to Miss Piggy is one of Trent's best friends, Alec.


So, yup, in a nutshell, my week started out great - then definitely took a turn Tuesday night. I'm not sure when I will be able to start running again, let along teach kick boxing. But for now, I am telling myself over and over again "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's learning how to dance in the rain".




p.s. Truth be told, none of this would ever have happened if Sarah O. was still living on my street. So, Sarah,,,,,, I am going to blame this all on you, ha ha ha ha.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my goodness! I HATE sprains. The recovery takes forever. The missionaries vehicular pix are hilarious. And, Trent was a great Cookie Monster. Thank goodness Sunday/Monday starts a new week!

Sarah O. said...

How do I come into play in this??!!! Because, if we were still in MS, my kids would have been at soccer practice too...okay, Will would've been. Maybe Aly would have been playing with Brook & we would have been sitting somewhere OBSERVING. But I'm glad to see that the trike is continuing on! Can your kids make it completely down the backyard hill w/o crashing?? SO FUNNY...SERIOUSLY.