Wednesday, September 15, 2010

20 minutes of mesmerizing entertainment

So last night we we outside playing with the kids before dinner. Trent yelled loudly for me to come look at something. Low and behold he was watching a couple of bugs. I know that doesn't seem all that interesting, but it actually was. We watched and average sized wasp drag an enormous garden spider up the hill of our yard walking backwards the entire time. The garden spider was at least 4 times larger than the wasp, with a yellow body the size of a fat baby carrot, and it was amazing to watch this little bug drag the spider with such persistence. He got the spider up to the curb and dragged it into the street. Moments later my neighbor drove by and barely missed hitting or squashing the bugs. The wasp was able to get the spider two thirds across the road when 2 more cars drove by. the wasp flew away quickly. The spider remained in tact after the first two cars drove by, but sadly, the third car SQUASHED that fat big spider and left spider guts every where. I almost thru up in my mouth after watching that horrifying display of gut spilling.

Nonetheless, all of us just stood back and watched this bug excursion for nearly 20 minutes. We were fixated and couldn't stop watching. For anyone thinking that there is no entertainment in my little town in Mississippi - here is the cold hard truth staring you right in the face. I mean come on, bug guts are definitely eye popping entertainment.

3 comments:

Sharrid said...

I think I'll pass on the guts. BUT, the whole wasp-bug expedition must have been fascination. Definite Mississippi Entertainment! Why didn't you "manage" the traffic?

Sarah O. said...

Hahaha! Why haven't you told me this story?! Yep...good ol' MS. You should move to good ol' TN. Kidding. And yes, I agree w/ your mom...you should've managed the traffic!

whitney said...

Goodness, that's entertaining...and gross...but still entertaining!