So I have been planning for about a year now, to get my hair cut short. Yesterday was finally the day. I took in a picture of exactly what I wanted, color and cut. Everything was going great . . . . until I finally saw myself in the mirror at the end. OY, it was NOT what I was expecting, it was shorter, not an A line cut, and well, frankly, I did not like it. I will admit, I was rather disappointed and wanted to cry. The front was rounded rather than cut down into an edgy A line and about 2 inches SHORTER than what was in the picture I brought in. The back was really short - the shortest I have ever had it. He even had to bring out the electric clippers to do the very bottom of my hair line.
Today I swallowed hair and braced society with a cut that I felt made me look like a little girl or an old lady. It has started to grow on me - HECK, I can either embrace it or hate it right, lol?
The kids aren't too thrilled with it. Kolby kept asking me why I cut all my hair off and how long it will take to grow back. Trent Asked me if it will be grown out enough by Thursday (he has a field trip I am going on with his Explorer group). He also told me I should try wearing a hat to hide my hair - loving and kind, don't cha think, lol. Brooklyne just stared at me a bit, like I was a stranger. Tanner, Tanner has been my rock star. He told me I was pretty and he liked my hair. I told him he was my favorite kid ever! Donald says he thinks it is sexy - and he doesn't even like short hair, lol.
BEFORE









5 comments:
I love it Camille! Seriously you look so great. Embrace it cause it flatters you!!!!
I like it! And, it's NOT an "old lady" 'do! [I'm CERTAIN "old ladies" are in their 80s - not 60s! Right?]
CAMILLE D. LOWE!!!! THAT IS SERIOUSLLY ADORABLE!!! REALLY, REALLY, REALLY CUTE!! In the words of Paris Hilton....
IT'S HOT!!! I LOVE IT!
I think it's great but I would because I have the same cut. It seems to be a very popular cut here in Virginia.
ya'all are so sweet, thanks.
Post a Comment