Monday, May 18, 2009

Outraged!!

I just have to vent for a minute, so please feel free to tell me how RIGHT ON I am and JUSTIFIED in my opinion I am!  :)

Why is it that my kids, who are in public school, got Martin Luther King Jr. day off of school, but had to be AT school for PRESIDENTS DAY?  Doesn't that just seem soooo wrong?  --- cause it down right is!

Also, , , Why in the world do my kids, who are in public school, have school on MEMORIAL DAY???  That is a federal holiday?  Doesn't that just seem sooooo wrong AGAIN?  And for the record, I will NOT be sending my kids to school on Memorial day, it is a FEDERAL HOLIDAY!!!

So everyone, please feel free to side with me on this opinion.  If your opinion differs, keep it to yourself, or fake agreeing with me!!!!!

7 comments:

Goodman Family said...

I totally agree with you!!! Seems wrong huh?

Platteborze Possy said...

Is that even legal? How bizarre...good old Mississippi!

Heather said...

I have to admit that is very very out there. Backwards is the only word I can think of.

Stacy said...

It's the same way here Camille, except this year we're out of school before Memorial Day. But the whole President's Day thing really ticks me off too!

Chelsi said...

I am 100% with you. Especially considering that we are celebrating numerous presidents on one day--that certainly justifies a day off school. We are out of school before Memorial Day, so that one hasn't been an issue. But, in the past we've had it off. Just weird...

camille said...

it is sooooo weird to have school on that day - I mean come on, Donald even gets that day off work, lol. it is sooooooooooo lame!

Sharrid said...

So, why don't you start an "uprising"! And, no-way would I send my kids to school when even hubby is off work and the post office is closed and so are the banks!