Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A baby no more! Happy Birthday Brooklyne.

It's hard to believe that Brooklyne has turned 2 years old.  The time has flown by and I wish I could just hold onto those baby days just a little longer.  Sadly, I don't have those kind of powers.

In the last 2 years Brook has brought many smiles into our home.  She is a bit of a firecracker, but mostly in a good way.  For Brooks birthday, we were able to spend a lot of time out doors.  We went to Trent's soccer practice, then off to the park for lunch.  We stopped and picked up McDonald's because I thought that would be our best bet for her liking the food, ya, she ate 4 fries and that was all.  After nap time, we headed outside and met up with some friends at the ball fields until our lasagna dinner was done baking.

For dinner we scarfed down some lasagna (Stoffers of course, but that is what she likes, poor me, I had to slave for hours and hours and hours) and garlic toast and green beans.  Then we all got to eat some yummy birthday cake.  After Brook blew out her candles, she kept wanting to grab the cake, so I stuck her finger along the side so she could get a good big of frosting to taste test.  She was in heaven.

Then it was time to open presents.  The first thing she opened was a princess Mrs. Potato head.  Then she opened the gift from the boys - a nerf gun of course (doesn't every 2 year old princess loving little girl need a gun?)  After that she barely could stand the excitement of all her new great stuff.  She also got a lawn mower (thanks grandma Sharon) a shopping cart, a baby doll set with stroller and swing (thanks to a great door buster deal on Black Friday) and a princess dress up kit (thanks grandma Sharrid and grandpa Jim).  She had a great 2nd birthday celebration, and we are so grateful she is a part of our family.








5 comments:

Sara said...

I can't believe she is two already! The last time we saw you guys, you were barely pregnant and didn't know yet what you were having. You said you were nervous about having a girl because you were getting used to the idea of all boys and didn't want to change the nursery. I knew that meant you would have a girl and I bet now you are so grateful. She is very cute. I can't wait to have a girl around too. I do have to say that after seeing a picture of you at 8 month prego, I am very nervous for what is to come with my next 6 weeks. Agh!

Sarah Schwartz said...

What a cute! Her hair is growing!!! Sounds like a perfect Birthday.

Anonymous said...

Well, I'll be the THIRD SARAH to comment!!
HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET BROOKLYNE!! Wowsa...time has flown...absolutely FLOWN. Can't wait to see you all again!

whitney said...

I can't even believe she's that old! What a cute LITTLE GIRL (a baby no longer!) she's become. I just love how girly-girl she is in the midst of all your rough and tumble boys. She's just such a doll!

Anonymous said...

perfect age, the bald slit feels so damn good to feel and finger, tastesof pee when you take off her pull up and lick it, starting to react when you have secs play and too young to tell